Two months have passed since the start of the uprising in Libya and Gaddafi regime is still destroying our towns and cities and does not seem to have enough of Libyan blood.
A group of the people, relatives to predominantly wrongfully convicted prisoners who were executed in cold blooded killing in Abusalim prison, gathered to voice their demand for justice for their loved ones after years of ignorance and disregard by the Gaddafi regime. Instead of listening and acknowledging their legit demands, they were run over by cars, beaten, brutally tortured and eventually killed by mercenaries and the Gaddafi's security forces. The regime has since committed genocide against Libyans that superseded Israel's crimes against the Palestinian people:
* More than 10,000 confirmed dead, comparable number injured and disappeared and are in all likelihood now living under inhumane conditions and tortured
* Live ammunition including anti-aircraft guns were used against armless demonstrators
* Gaddafi called us, the Libyan people, rats, Al-Qaida affiliates etc and vowed to destroy all cities where citizens dare to demand basic rights and dignity
* Gaddafi militias armed with tanks and heavy artillery were sent to cities with clear instructions to kill, rape and destroy EVERYTHING including mosques, hospitals and homes. They were told men, women, children in those cities are all legitimate targets to their fire and ought to be dealt with no mercy. Civilians who fell injured and got caught by Gaddafi’s criminals were either executed on the spot or kidnapped from hospitals and then never to be seen again. Some bodies were dug out of their graves and used to deceive the world into thinking that civilians fell due to NATO's strikes. Big Lie and rather disgusting disrespect to the dead and their families.
* Western reporters who managed to sneak into the cities under siege, e.g. Zawia, Zintan, and Misrata, were shocked by the tactics used against civilians and the miserable conditions residents in those areas were made to endure.
* Gaddafi and his family continued to disregard all the demands of the Libyan people and vowed to continue their actions. Had it not been the international coalition’s intervention (who we once called enemies) Benghazi would have been another Srebrenica.
* All means for life were cut off the cities under seige, including water, electricity, medical aid. Dirty tricks were used to contaminate wells in Misrata, the only remaining source for drinking water that residents can use. Even Israel did not go this far in its wars against Gaza or west bank.
There seems to be no moral limit to the degree of descend that Gaddafi and his militias could go in humiliating and killing our fellow Libyans and destroying Libyan cities. For god's sake, are these actions for a leader fit to rule his people or be entrusted to bring about peace and democracy after what they have done?
Even more importantly to you as an official representing this criminal regime abroad, how far should he go in the genocide and destruction against our people and country before you decide to take a stand and denounce such actions and dissociate yourself?
God willing, it will be only a matter of time before this just revolt succeeds and Gaddafi and his family fall and be brought to justice. It is up to you to listen to your conscience and do the right thing like some of your counterparts or remain partner with the regime and draw shame to you and your family for the remaining of time. It is your choice but one thing you should be certain .. there will be a day when you will stand "alone" before your lord and be asked what did you do when your brothers and sisters were being massacred ruthlessly...neither Gaddafi nor any of his sons will be there to defend you. You have no execuse.
اللهم هل بلغت اللهم فاشهد
Libyan Dreaming of Change